Artist: Vladimir Ashkenazy, Oxford Philharmonic Orchestra, Irmina Trynkos
Title: Nimrod Borenstein: Violin Concerto
Year Of Release: 2017
Quality: SACD (DSD64 2.0, 5.1; Image.iso) + covers
Total Time: 00:56:45 min
Total Size: 3,02 Gb
The legendary conductor Vladimir Ashkenazy, with the Oxford Philharmonic Orchestra and the promising young violinist Irmina Trynkos, presents the premiere recording of three works by Nimrod Borenstein.
The past few years have seen his compositions premiered and performed at prestigious venues including the Royal Opera House and the Royal Festival Hall in London, the Tonhalle in Zurich, the Salle Gaveau in Paris, and Carnegie Hall in New York. Written especially for the occasion, If you will it, it is no dream was premiered by Ashkenazy to great acclaim in 2013 at the Royal Festival Hall.
While Borenstein is a supremely melodic composer, he draws attention in his work to his special use of counterpoint, which he says could be described as ‘multimelodic’, suggesting the eternal but ever-changing flow of time, in which events constantly overlap with one another. This technique is characteristic of both If you will it, it is no dream and The Big Bang and Creation of the Universe.
01. Violin Concerto, Op. 60: I. Allegro
02. Violin Concerto, Op. 60: II. Moderato
03. Violin Concerto, Op. 60: III. Adagio
04. Violin Concerto, Op. 60: IV. Allegro
05. The Big Bang and Creation of the Universe, Op. 52: I. Light
06. The Big Bang and Creation of the Universe, Op. 52: II. Peace
07. The Big Bang and Creation of the Universe, Op. 52: III. Adam and Eve
08. If You Will It, It Is No Dream, Op. 58
Please make any music requests here or report about dead links!